Our practice provides comprehensive and individualized care which includes a broad range of therapies and psychological assessments. We offer services to children, adolescents and adults of all ages. We provide individual, group, couples, and family therapy and specialize in the following areas:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety (GAD),
- Panic Disorders, Social Phobias
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Tic Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Behavioral Problems in Children
- Oppositional Defiant Disorders, School Problems and Concerns
- Bereavement, Death, Loss and Grief
- Chronic Mental Illness
- Cognitive/Memory Function
- Learning Problems and Disabilities
- Marital and Divorce Issues
- Medical and Neurological Disorders Affecting Mental Health
- Alzheimer’s Disease, Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke and others
- Mood Disorders
- Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Parenting Concerns and Issues
- Psychological Evaluations
- Sexual Health and Gender Identity
- Difficulties with Arousal and site:thehomeworkportal.com Sexual Function, Compulsive Behaviors, Gender Identity Disorder and Orientation Navigation
- Sport and Performance Psychology
Social Skills Groups:
Children ages 8-10 & 11-13 years old
These groups focus on helping children acquire and practice the skills necessary to foster competence and effectiveness in social relationships.
This is a support group for adults who are separated/divorced. The group will address navigating through the divorce process, parenting skills, and moving forward.
The goals of the children’s group are: To explore ways to understand and clarify confusing issues such as loyalty, conflicts, and difficult emotions; to decrease isolation and loneliness; to develop coping strategies and communication skills for various problems, including visitation, transitions, and custody arrangements.
This is a group for adults grieving a significant loss. The group provides an opportunity to share and explore feelings and gain emotional support.
The children’s group is designed to enable children to express feelings, acknowledge change, and integrate loss with healthy grief and mourning.
Sport Performance Groups:
High School Athletes
This group will address the important mental skills and techniques utilized for peak performance in sport. Specific skills include: goal-setting, positive self-talk, relaxing under pressure, staying focused during competition, increasing self-confidence, and regulating emotions prior to, during and after competition.
Please see Assessment for information about the evaluations we perform.
We offer day, evening and Saturday appointments. Your health insurance may offer reimbursement for services provided by our clinicians.